Friday, February 13, 2015

MBA circa 2021



Bookmark this page!

That is, if you have decided to go back to Community College.

Haha! No. That's crazy, you're 35. Why would you do that?

With the support of some incredible mentors, I have decided to go back to school to get my MBA.

I dropped out as an undergraduate, so that means I have to start where I am at -in lower division classes at a Community College. It's humbling, scary and a bit embarrassing. I'm trying not to make too big a deal out of it and yet even my body has a visceral reaction to the smallest of Enrollment processes.

This morning, I went online to pay for classes and my mind had a field day. If you were able to tune in to the radio show in my head, you would have heard this:

"Whoa Girl, are you sure you want to do that? There goes 400 buckaroos for ONE class. And this is only the beginning, you'll have to fork out this kind of dough every quarter now. Just imagine the costs of a real college! What are you thinking? What the hell are you doing? You're never going to finish anyway. You'll probably just get derailed by the next shiny thing in front of you. How embarrassing."

Lucky for me, there is an "off button" to Radio PooPooHead - my support team. I went back to the emails I received yesterday in reply to my news. I read their supportive "Hoorays" , "Go Heathers" and "MBA! MBA! MBA!s" and I felt fortified.

I said a little prayer, went to that damn Santa Monica College website and purchased my course.

Bus1: Intro to Business Management

Just like that, I am a student again. 

P.S. I can't wait to meet my new instructor, Mr. Oliveri!
Joe Oliveri
#StudentPerks







No comments:

Post a Comment